Parking outside schools is a significant problem across the county. With the new school year fast approaching, parents are reminded to be mindful when dropping off or picking up their children and not to fall into the habit of parking illegally or in a thoughtless or dangerous manner.
The area outside school entrances must be kept clear to allow an unrestricted view for approaching drivers and riders or children wanting to cross the road. Road markings are there for a reason and drivers must not wait, park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers on school entrance markings.
Parents are also reminded not to park inconsiderately and in a way which will inconvenience residents, other road users or in a way that obstructs the road.
Parents are advised to not stop or park:
• Near a school entrance
• On any zig-zag road markings
• Anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
• At or near a bus or taxi rank
• Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction
• Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and mobility vehicles
• In front of an entrance to a property
• On a bend
Please see link below which contains important information regarding holiday and online safety.