Want to make a difference in your local community?
Our school Governing Board is made up of Community, Parent, Trust and Staff Governors. Our Governors come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the College and are the link between the School and the community it serves. We are currently looking for a new Parent Governor and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
- an interest in the performance of the College.
- a desire to contribute to and represent the community.
- an open and enquiring mind
- the ability to look at issues objectively
- the confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
- a willingness to listen and make informed judgements
- the ability to work well with others
- a child or children currently attending Kingsthorpe College (essential).
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Governor at Kingsthorpe College. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests as possible.
What can we offer?
- A chance to develop skills in strategic management
- The opportunity to work with our ‘outstanding’ team of governors and staff in improving our School
- Training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our school
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
If you would like to stand for election please e-mail the clerk to Governors [Graham.Lampard@kingsthorpecollege.org.uk ] by 11 pm, 16th December, 2016. Parents/carers being nominated are invited to provide some brief biographical details limited to not more than 150 words suitable for inclusion in the ballot paper.
For further information please contact the Clerk to Governors: Graham.Lampard@kingsthorpecollege.org.uk
Nominations can only be accepted from parents or carers with children at the school on the day that nominations close. Parents/carers being nominated are invited to provide some brief biographical details limited to not more than 150 words suitable for inclusion in the ballot paper. Parents/carers who have paid employment in the school for 500 hours per academic year or more or who are elected members of the Local Authority are not eligible to stand in this election.